People need to consider the advantage and disadvantages of a petrol pressure washer if they are thinking about having one at home. Whether you want one for business or personal use, a petrol washer definitely has its own strength. However, nothing can be 100% perfect, so expect some downsides that go along the way.
In most cases, petrol pressure washers are designed for industrial and commercial use because of their powerful outcome. When we are talking about the advantage and disadvantages of petrol pressure washers, power is definitely one of the greatest positive traits of the device. When you have to deal with a big and wide surface – as well as a difficult setting with more grime and dirt to clean – then a petrol pressure washer would do the job just perfectly.
Other benefits to like about this machine are:
- It doesn’t depend on electricity. It eliminates the fuss and hassle of operation. You don’t need to worry about power outlet anymore as you should be able to take the washer to difficult areas and remote places
- The petrol washer is more reliable and dependable. It’s because of their solid frame and robust construction. You see, most petrol washers are designed for commercial and industrial use, which means that they are going to deal with a lot of beats and heavy-duty stuff. If their frame is lousy or flimsy, the washer won’t last.
One thing that you need to remember about using the petrol pressure washer that the exhaust fumes should be a crucial thing to consider. You can’t use the washer in an enclosed area. And even when you use it in the outdoor setting, you still need to be careful about the operation.
Some of the other potential downsides:
- Petrol washer is more expensive than the electric one because of the power. And let’s not forget about the high cost of maintenance and care. Yes, it is costly and complicated for the care, but if you can do it properly, your washer will last for many years to come. You will need to have regular servicing.
- Since the washer is running on petrol, it is only natural if you to have extra fuel for it. You will have to make sure that you store it correctly. If not, it can pose an additional hazard for you and the entire family.
- You may need to think about having extra water – aside from the extra fuel. In most cases, if you are sure that the water source is abundant, then you won’t have to worry about the water source. But keep in mind that petrol washer has higher flow-rate – and such thing may not be handled well by the regular water supply. That’s why make sure that you have an extra barrel or bin – just in case.
Those are the general break-down of petrol pressure washer traits, including the benefits and the downsides. Now that you already know the advantage and disadvantage of a petrol pressure washer, you can decide whether it is the right machine for you – or not.