If you’re looking for the best router for gaming, you’ve come to the right place. One of the coolest things about todays video game consoles is how they allow you compete with players from around the world. Unfortunately, if your using a standard wireless router your fun and excitement can be ruined in a heart beat. With a gaming router your experience becomes faster, smoother and more enjoyable. Whether your using a Wii, XBox360 or Playstation 3, a wireless router that has been designed for gaming will ensure the best online gaming experience.
Here are some of the top 10 best Routers For Gaming 2018 candidates for today:
1. ASUS RT-N66U Ultra Slim Gigabit Router
2. ASUS RT-AC5300 Tri-Band 4 x 4
3. NETGEAR R8000-100UKS Nighthawk X6
4. ASUS RT-AC1200G
5. TP-Link 450 Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
6. TP-Link AC3200 Tri-Band Modem Router Combo
7. NETGEAR R7800-100UKS Nighthawk X4S
8. NETGEAR R7000-100UKS Nighthawk AC1900
9. Orbi – Fast, Secure, Whole Home Wi-Fi System
10. Linksys WRT1900ACS
The Best Router For Gaming – Luxury Or Necessity?
The basic function of a standard wireless router is to act as a bridge between your home network and the Internet. Most wireless routers can handle this. Once your router is set up correctly and your game console is connected you should be able to go online. (If you’re unsure abut this step visit my site on setting up a wireless network.)
Unfortunately, for many online gamers, this is where the fun stops and the frustration begins. If you’re using a standard wireless n router you may start to see some irritating, performance-related issues such as lag, jitter and dropped connections. As you probably already know, this can take all the fun out of your games.
Some of these issues may have to do with the speed of your Internet connection. There is only so much that can be done about that. Most likely, these issues are caused by your wireless router not being able to handle the intense load your game is putting on it.
To run intense, timing-sensitive video games a wireless router needs additional processor power, extra internal memory and the fastest Ethernet port speed possible. Yes, even though your games are wireless a gigabit wireless router is a good thing to have. Many gaming routers also have QOS controls. QOS stands for Quality Of Service. QOS allows you to configure your router so that certain network activities (Such as gaming) have priority over more mundane activities (Such as surfing).
With a high-performance gaming router you have the peace of mind to know you can run your favorite games from begining to end without worrying about a sudden interruption ruining everything. I mean we play games to relieve frustration not create more right?
You can also prevent the activities of other network users from interfering with your game by using a dual band wireless router. A dual band wireless router allows you to run your games on a separate network. This prevents what everyone else is doing from stomping all over your games and vice versa.
Best Router For Gaming – Features To Look For ;
When looking for the best router for gaming these are the features you want to look for:
- Speed: 300Mbps Wireless N speed and Gigabit Ethernet switch ports.
- Security: WPA/WPA2 encryption (This is a given on any wireless n router.)
- Performance: Internal processors designed for gaming and video streaming
- QOS: Quality Of Service features to optimize your network for gaming
- Optional: Dual bands to run your games with less interference
- Obviously you’ll also need a high-speed broadband connection to the Internet. They higher the speed the smoother the gameplay.
Once you have one of these high-performance gaming routers you’ll be able to enjoy everything the exciting world of online gaming has to offer.