In the last few years, wireless technology has greatly improved and today most electronic devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, notebooks, Smart TVs, etc) have been equipped with wireless connectivity feature. But it is not one-size-fits-all, especially if we are talking about business, wi-fi connectivity network is really needed in an office or if those who have own business, a small business with small office where there are only small number of users, it will be enough with wireless routers and range extender, however for a large office, that has heavy traffic, an additional networking device called wireless access points will be required to make more wireless-enabled devices can be connected to the network.
Top 10 Best Wireless Access Point 2018
1. TP-LINK TL-WA901ND 450 Mbps
2. UBIQUITI UAP Wireless Access Point
3. Edimax EW-7228APn N150
4. TP-Link N300 WAP Ceiling Mount Access Point
5. NETGEAR WAC104-100UKS WAC104 SOHO Small Business
6. TP-Link 300 Mbps Wi-Fi Nano (TL-WR802N))
7. ASUS RT-AC1200G
8. NETGEAR WAC120-100UKS
9. Securifi Almond+ Long Range Touchscreen Access Point
10. Ubiquiti Networks UAP-AC-LITE WLAN Access Point
What is a Wireless Access Point?
A wireless access point is a useful networking device which is usually used in an office or large building that can help to creates a Wi-Fi local area network, also known as WLAN. It’s very simple to use, simply connect it to a wired router, switch or a hub via an Ethernet cable then it can emits a wireless signal to a certain area. For example, if your company’s reception needs to enable a wireless access but there’s no a router found in its range, you can easily enable it by installing a wireless access point on the reception desk then plug an Ethernet cable back to the server room through under the carpet or the ceiling.
Why Access Points Are Better than Extender for Businesses
Wireless access points is an ideal option for office, hospitals, airports, or business because it can handle a lot of users at the same time, up to 60 simultaneous connections each. When your office install this device, your employees or other users can enjoy internet connection wirelessly from one place or room to other place without experiencing network interruptions as long as your device in its range. On the other hand, wireless range extender is not a good choice for modern business and it is more suitable for home wireless network. The reason is, wifi range extender only can support a limited number of wireless devices at one time, not more that 20 device usually. Yes, wireless extender which also known as wifi booster can help to increase the coverage of a wireless router but they can not increase its available bandwidth so it can slowing down your internet speed.
Advantages of Wireless Access Point
When you have your own business and work with a lot of employees and there are also some guests, 20 wireless-enabled devices like PCs, Laptops, Smartphones or Tablets can adds up quickly simultanously and The Wireless Access Point can help you to handle this connection better and it offers you a freedom to scale home many devices supported on your network, that’s not the only one of the advantages of using Access Point, also consider these points too :
- The newer model of access points (especially for business) can be installed in almost quickly and easily anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable. These devices are also comes with high quality features like PoE+ so you don’t need to install a different power line or even an outlet near the access point.
- The availability of additional standard feature like Access Control List (ACL) that allow administrator to limit guest access and manage users without compromising the security of network.
- Compact design & multifunction, Securifi Almond for example where it can works in 3 different modes, Wifi Router, Extender as well as access point.
That’s it, I hope this can help you before you buy a wireless access point.